Every year the False Creek Yacht Club welcomes dozens of members and non-members to host private functions. Our lounge and award-winning club boats some of the most spectacular water views in the City of Vancouver and can be the perfect backdrop to your daytime or evening event.
With ample room for dining and entertaining, with stunning views, False Creek Yacht Club is one of the premier rental venues available in the Lower Mainland, British Columbia.
Rental facilities in our award-winning clubhouse include our bar, spacious dining lounge with floor-to-ceiling windows, boardroom, and a gorgeous, outdoor wrap-around patio.
Facilities & Capacity
Facilities & Capacity
Total capacity: 150, Sit down dinner: 80, Ceremony: 100, Cocktails: 120-150, Patio: 38
The configuration of the dining lounge is completely flexible and handicap-accessible. If you’re a casual group on a budget, you’re welcome to bring your own refreshments or order in. If you have more than 25 attendees, daytime or evening, we’ll open our kitchen and bar for you with pleasure.
- Fully-licensed bar with professional bartenders
- Our award-winning caterer and staff would love to create the perfect meal for your celebration. Our members test-drive our caterers at least 3 nights a week and rave about them, why not go with the tried and true?
- Dining lounge with wrap around windows
- Ceremony-type seating available
- Kitchen staffed by award-winning caterers
- Dance floor
- Boardroom/private meeting room
- Wrap around patio deck with comfortable seating, firepits, barbeques, and seasonal heat lamps
- Pool table
- Wi-Fi access, and up to 3 large-screen TVs
- Generous parking is available surrounding the Clubhouse. All parking spots belonging to FCYC are marked as reserved for FCYC use only.
- We’re just a couple of blocks from bus stops on Granville Street or Beach Avenue!
Fully licensed bar equipped with professional bartenders and tables & chairs for up to 100 guests which can be augmented or replaced by ceremony-type seating. Guests are welcome to bring outside vendors for additional services including décor, music, setup, and catering.
Our award-winning caterer and staff are standing by to assist as needed create the perfect meal for your celebration. Our members test-drive our caterers at least 3 nights a week and rave about them, why not go with the tried and true?
Corporate Meetings and Parties
Tired of sitting in artificially-lit hotel meeting rooms with no windows or sunlight all day, or no view to refresh you at night after a long day? Change the scenery! You’ll love the space at the False Creek Yacht Club for
- Meetings and retreats
- Welcome reception / conference-closing party
- Banquet or conference Gala
- Staff or client appreciation events including summer BBQ or Christmas party
- New staff orientation and training events
- Team building events
- Retirement parties
- And more!
Sports, Teams, Social, and Charity Events
Bringing people together on a casual or elegant basis who share common interests or believe in a cause is important. Wow your group with a gorgeous view, patio, and abundant parking instead of being stuck in the downtown core. The beautiful False Creek Yacht Club venue and backdrop will help make your event memorable and one everyone will want to come back to every time.
✓ Business Networking
✓ Sports Teams and Leagues
✓ Charitable Events, Board Meetings, Patron Appreciation, and more
Social and Family Events
Celebrate the years behind and the years ahead together with family and friends overlooking beautiful False Creek
- Bar Mitzvahs, Bat Mitzvahs
- Graduation parties
- Celebration of Life
- Family Summer BBQs
- Holiday Dinners
- Pre- and Post- Wedding cocktails and dinner parties
- And more
The private and intimate dining lounge is perfect for one of the most special days in your life including the wedding ceremony, reception, or events before or after your wedding, including stag or stagette parties, rehearsal dinners, small receptions for out-of-town guests (with hotels just a couple of blocks away and close by water ferry to vibrant Granville Island), Customize your décor to create your perfect setting. The room, the view, award-winning catering, and caring service combine to create beautiful photos and lasting memories.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What date is the full payment due?
Full payment is due the day before the event.
2. What is the non-refundable security deposit for?
To save the event date selected by the renter, a non-refundable security deposit of 50% of venue rental cost must be paid. The amount is due upon signing this agreement. We require a credit card be held on file in case of damages. Cancellations that occur 6 months or less in advance of the event, 100% of the rental fees will be charged.
3. How do I secure my booking?
50% of the rental rate is due upon signing the rental agreement. Payment may be made by cash, cheque or credit card. Credit card payments may be processed over the phone. The following occurrences may result in the additional charges and a restriction against future rental of facilities:
- The event continued past 1:30AM.
- There is any damage or loss to the building, surrounding area, and/or equipment.
- The cleaning was not done to the level required or expected.
- The event was found to permit underage drinking and/or drinking without the proper licenses or against False Creek Yacht Club’s policies.
- Failure to comply with the City of Vancouver’s noise restriction bylaws and/ beyond the tolerance of surrounding residents o Insufficient removal of personal belongings, decorations, and garbage (Additional charges may apply for cleaning).
4. What is the $20 corkage fee and how is it charged?
Venue renters may bring outside wine to the event. The bar charges $20 per bottle opened. Every time a bottle is opened, the cork will be recorded. The bartenders will add that to your tab and is payable at the end of the event. It is subject to GST and 18% gratuity. Bottles of wine not used must be removed at the event end time. We are not responsible for lost or stolen goods.
5. How do I pay the bartenders their tip?
An 18% gratuity is automatically charged to all drink menu items.
6. What are the bartender’s duties? What hours are they working for the event?
The bartender’s primary duty is to pour drinks for guests; if time permits, they bus tables for FCYC bar glassware. They provide assistance to bring garbage to the BFI blue container located on the ground level, but they do not collect garbage at any time. Catering staff usually help out to bus tables. Bartenders are on shift 1 hour prior to guests arriving unless specifically requested otherwise. They stay until the bar closes and is the last person to leave. They are not permitted to work over 10 hours without prior notice and overtime charges will apply if they are requested to.
7. How to I deliver items to the Club the day of? Is there an elevator? Do you have a dolly (hand cart) for items? Will the Club be open?
Please arrange delivery dates and times ahead of time. There is an elevator and hand cart that can be used for deliveries. The Club can be opened by the Marina Attendants between 9AM - 5PM on weekends (604-648-2628). Weekday delivery can be coordinated at the office.
8. Can items be set-up the day before the event?
No. The priority of this venue is for the Club’s members. The rental cost only covers the booking of the day. Setup time can start at 9:00am on the day of the event.
10. How is set up done? What charges apply?
The Club’s furniture can be arranged as requested on a floor plan. Without confirmation, a $200 setup fee will apply. Rental furniture setup and table settings are not included in the rental.
11. Is linen provided for the event?
No. Linen is not provided. If you require linen for your event, rentals can be arranged through your catering company or event organizer.
12. How many tables and chairs does the rental include?
- 30" x 30" square table: 24
- 30” round high-top table: 8
- 6’ foot folding table: 6
- 4’ foot folding table: 2
- Padded club chairs: 100
- White folding resin chairs: 100
- High-top chairs: 36
- Patio Furniture
13. Are any plates or cutlery provided?
No. Any plates or cutlery must be rented through your catering company or Rental Company. Bar glassware is provided for serving alcoholic drinks ordered from the bartending staff. Champagne flutes and wine glasses used for table setting are not covered in the rental cost.
14. Will someone from the yacht club be present that night on-site?
The bartenders are your on-site staff members for your event. If you would like additional staffing, separate charges will apply.
15. What is the responsibility of the renter and the Club in terms of cleaning?
The venue must be left in the same condition that it was found in. The renter is responsible for clearing all tables of dishes, linens, and items that is not property of False Creek Yacht Club. The staff on-site at the event will provide garbage bags and will assist in taking down the garbage to the BFI container for proper disposal. Any broken items should be brought to the attention of the bartenders and must be cleaned up immediately. Decorations must be removed and any personal items remaining on the premises after the designated booking time will result in the loss of the damage deposit. The cleaning company will wash the floors, vacuum, clean bathrooms, and wipe down tables after the event. The use of the rental space and furniture is at the risk of the renter. Any legal infractions are the sole responsibility of the renter for the committed rental time. Renter is solely responsible for the conduct and welfare of all persons accompanying the renter.
The venue is absolutely gorgeous and perfect for any event, small or large. We had a formal event and it worked out perfectly! As well the venue manager was very helpful and great to collaborate with. All round, it was a great experience!
Excellent venue for our 25th wedding anniversary. Staff was very helpful and courteous. The view was unbeatable!
Hidden gem, great view!